Saturday 2 June 2012

Bench seat in the front room is being constructed.  
Steel frame will be covered in oak and then custom upholstered.


Canopy above the front door is being rebuilt. The original canopy was in such a state of disrepair that it needed to be removed.  Ciaran considered leaving it off but decided to build a new one and reinstall it as he felt it would do a good job of protecting us from the rain as we were opening the door.  



Glass has been fitted in the door out to the tiny courtyard. In the above picture you can look right through to the back of the house and see the glass door in the below picture.  Lights have been fitted that will illuminate this area to the back of the house and it will make a nice feature at night as you enter the house.  The light will be welcoming and will draw you in to the house.



5 comments:

  1. Sounds very dreamy to Me.I can just see it as you dream it.So glad you visited Me. Please drop by again any time. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your new follower.I plan to enjoy your progress and anything else you share with us.Good luck on your new blog.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a massive undertaking but so worth it I imagine. I will certainly be jealous of the end result! Mind you these days, I'm jealous of anyone with a permanent home!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think