Monday 6 December 2021

Ode to my bike!

Biking around Dublin

As I cycled home from work about 6pm on Friday, I realised how much I love cycling all over Dublin. It was a particularly mild evening and I got off the train at Pearce Street and cycled to Wishbone on Hatch Street to pick up some wings for dinner (if you are looking for wings in Dublin - these are the best ones!). 

From there I cycled up Harcourt Street and then towards Ranelagh turning off on to Northbrook and then on to Leeson Park. It was on Northbrook Road that my cycle became even more enjoyable. On this street there are huge big old Georgian houses with the most beautiful trees and Christmas lights. It was a delight to cycle by them! It reminded me of the time that my twin sister and I went on a cycle to Ailsbury Road, a few years ago, to look at the Christmas lights on this street. So nice!

But I digress, the main thing that I love about my bike is that it gets me all over the place in no time at all. Dun Laoghaire to Ranelagh on a bike/train combo takes me just over 35 mins.

Sunday Cycle

Then on Sunday, Ciaran and I both cycled to his art studio to pack a painting that will be heading off in the mail to it's new home in County Galway. Again, it was such a lovely cycle. We both really enjoyed it so much as it was a fresh bright December day - just perfect for a short cycle (about 15 mins or so) to his studio.  After we left the Studio we stopped in Butlers in Rathmines for a coffee. We sat in the bright (but cold sun) on a bench outside the cafe. Then we stopped in to a stationery store to buy a roll of brown paper and then continued on our way to the supermarket where we stopped for food for dinner. I also found an Argentinean Malbec with 35% off so I bought 3 bottles......I also popped two mini bottles of prosecco in to my basket!

As we unlocked our bikes outside the shop after clicking our bags on to their carriers, I couldn't help saying to Ciaran, "Hey, how great are bikes?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think