Sunday 27 August 2023

Recyling!

We have three bins that are collected by City Bin - a black bin for general waste, green bin for material that can be recycled and then a brown bin for compostable materials.  Each of the bins are collected every two weeks, however I generally only put out my black waste bin out for collection about every 6 weeks as I fill it very slowly with most of my rubbish going in to the recyling bin.

So then it comes to glass containers which are not collected in the green bin as part of the recyleables.  

What I have been doing for the past while is collecting all of my glass bottles and jars in two large Ikea boxes that I stored out in the small yard to the back of my house.  Then when the boxes were full we rented a Go Car and brought all of the bottles to the glass recycling collection point at Tesco in Rathmines.

However, there is a new service offering in my area so I no longer have to go to the hassle of renting a car in order to recycle my glass.  

A leaflet came in my letterbox with details of a company called GlassBottleBin.ie and they offer kerb pick up of glass.  

I signed up immediatly!

It took about a week for my new bin to be delivered and I promptly filled it up with all of the bottles that were in my back yard. I'm now looking forward to my first bin pick up. What a relief not to have to go through all of the palaver of renting a car and taking them all to the bottle bank.
Glass recycling bin dublin
There is a another service offering in Dublin that provides "bottle bags" instead of bins but I felt that a bin and how the service was arranged was more convenient with this bin company.  As someone who doesn't have a car I think this service will work well for me and will probably cost about the same or less than paying for a Go Car every time I visited the Bottle Bank (however, I did tend to double job with maybe doing a clothes drop off to the charity shop).
I'm all for any service that can cut out hassles in busy lives so hopefully this will work out well for me. It already has smartened up my back yard as I have thrown out the probably 10 year old Ikea boxes that I previously used for recycling. 

Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think