Tuesday 7 December 2021

And just like that.....my Christmas Tree is up!

My Christmas Tree is up! 

It's in a new position this year. I took the cushion off the conversation pit and positioned it in the front window.  I love it!

I also started setting out my Christmas crockery and tableware. It all adds up to a very merry festive feeling in the house. Just lovely!




Christmas Tree Ornaments and memories

It's hard to say which is my favourite Christmas decoration on my tree. I love my tropical ornaments that I picked up on holidays all over the world - I have a shiny green turtles that reminds me of the time that I swam with turtles in Tobago Cay on my sailing trip in the Caribbean. And then I have tons from Key West which always bring back great memories as I hang them on the tree. There's a little reindeer wearing a blue raincoat that always gives me a kick as I hang it (it was a gift from my twin sister) and I I always love hanging a decoration with a year on it as I think back to all of the exciting things that happened that year. It sure does make me happy to set up my Christmas tree because of the happy feelings each decoration brings as it goes up on the tree. Even my tree skirt makes me happy - it's 20 years old, I bought it while on honeymoon in Key Largo!

a selection of Christmas ornaments that gets hung on my tree in Ireland


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think