Sunday 21 October 2018

A Star is Born - 3rd times a charm!

Ooops, I did it again.  And again!

Within the space of 3 weekends I saw Lady Gaga's new movie "A Star is Born" three times. I loved it when I saw it first and I can honestly say I love it even more after seeing it for the third time.

Lady Gaga is electric when she makes her appearance on Jackson Maine's stage and Bradley Cooper is brilliantly believable as hard drinking Jack Maine in the twilight of his career.
The story is is a beautiful love story (this is the 4th retelling with Kris Kristofferson and Barbara Streisand in the 1970's version) - but bring tissues!

The main thing about this film that I loved was the music. Most of it was written for the movie and if it doesn't win an Oscar for best music I will be even more annoyed than when La La Land didn't win best picture.....but best not mention this as I still feel for the La La Land crew on this one.

So obviously I highly recommend this film but I say don't go once, plan to go 2 or 3 times to really enjoy the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think