Monday 29 October 2018

Weekend Wrap Up!

It was a Bank Holiday weekend here in Ireland and as weekends go it was a pretty good one ending with some great new about Pigsy.

On Saturday morning, our plumber came and finished off the installation of a new heat regulating system for our underfloor heating. We now have the Heatmiser system and can control our heating on an app on our phones which is pretty nifty.
In the afternoon, I cycled in to the city to meet my mother and sister at the Bewleys Cafe Theatre. Amy was treating us to a show. We saw the play "Wringer" which was very enjoyable - well acted and a gripping story.



Sunday morning brought us to the Pot Bellied Pig in Rathmine for brunch. I had a delicious shakshuka and a glass of prosecco (noice!) and Ciaran had a full irish breakfast which he said was really good.



After brunch it was off to the Omniplex to see the new Freddie Mercury movie "Bohemian Rhapsody". Wow what a film. So sad to see that he was so young when he died. What a loss of talent.


Speaking of talent, I should mention that we went to see David Byrne in the the 3 Arena (will always be The Point to me) on Wednesday night. This was quite possibly the best gig I have ever been to in my whole life. It was eye opening as to what can be done live on stage with a 12 piece band. I've been singing his songs since then along with thinking about the performance. It was a terrifically choreographed performance with a powerful ending of "Hell you Talmabout". Just phenomenal in all senses.



And so to the great news that ended our weekend:
The Pigsy documentary will next be shown in London!
Come see it at the Irish Film Festival London which runs from the 21st to 25th of November with Pigsy being part of the Irish Film Shorts being shown on Thursday 23rd of Nov at 5.30pm. 
Just brilliant - I've already booked our flights!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think