Saturday 20 June 2020

Mom meetup

After months of not seeing family, while restrictions were in place in Ireland, my mam visited me today.

It was great to see her in person as we had only had phone conversations for the past while as she does use Zoom or other video call technology.  

I had been expecting rain but it was lovely and sunny so I set up a little mini brunch in the back garden.
Over lots of coffee we had a pleasant visit and caught up on all of our news. It was very nice and it felt somewhat normal in this strange world that we are living in.  

Two things that Mam remarked on straightaway were on Bones' tight haircut which when she saw him she said "What did they do to you?" and when she saw Ciaran she said "Look at you with a beard! And long hair".  She then went on to tell him that he looked good with the long hair and that he had lost weight. 

And so after her visit, I walked her to the bus stop and saw her on to the bus. She took the first bus that came, even thought it was not her regular one, but there was a risk that the bus after the first one would be full (due to restricted passenger numbers for social distancing) so was best to just get on whichever one she could and then change in the city for the bus home to her house - just one example of the new normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think