Tuesday 17 November 2020

Time flies.....

Where does the time go to?!

Sometimes I wonder how we got anything done back in Ireland while working full time. Here in Malaga I make a plan to do something and before I get it done the day is nearly over.....and then suddenly the week is over! Part of the issue is that things tend to take a little longer here than back in Ireland and additionally Covid restrictions are causing things to get done slower. We are having issues with our bank account so I went there this morning. Even though it is about a minute's walk from apartment I think I was gone about an hour in total. I was dealing with 3 people in the bank in my pigeon Spanish and my issue still isn't sorted!!!  Manana it seems!

Volunteer Work

On Saturday I started volunteering in the local Charity shop. I did 4 hours from 10am until 2pm. The time went fast but boy my head was in a spin when I left. So much Spanish was spoken all around me and it was difficult to process. I worked alongside a lovely lady who didn't speak any English and I helped her do the window display. It was a lot of fun!

Volunteer work in Malaga

We redressed 4 mannequins in Autumn looks and then I put some accessories (scarves, belts & necklaces) on display in the window alongside. 

I think working as a volunteer and meeting people will be very helpful for my Spanish.

Birthday!

I also celebrated my birthday since my last blog. I had a lovely chilled out day and received the most fabulous present - my favourite art work from a photographic exhibition that we attended at La Casa Amarilla. See here!

Black Friday + Cyber Monday

I was reminded by my mother on my birthday that it was 6 weeks to Christmas Eve. With that in mind, I'm happy to share a code for 10% off Pigsy art mugs on his website as an Early Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sale.  Use code: PIGSYBF20

Art discount code for Black Friday sale on Pigsy mug



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think