Tuesday 10 November 2020

The hunt for bagels!

What you miss....

It's funny how you miss little things that you are used to at home. I wouldn't have thought that Ciaran was big in to tea but when he heard that my mother was sending me a package he asked if she would also send some Barry's tea, as I had mentioned in a previous blog. since it arrived he has been happily enjoying a cup or two every day.

Bagels

Other than the tea, for him he also is missing a bagel which he was a fan of for breakfast from time to time with bacon and a fried egg. So after having seen bagels on offer in Julia Bakery we went on a search for a bag of them to have at home and maybe to put a few in the freezer. But it was no joy for bagels (not even in Lidl) they were not to be found.


Malt Vinegar

The other item that we both had a hankering for was for malt vinegar to put on chips. We had been enjoying steak cooked on the barbeque along with chips that we got from a restaurant across the road. The chips had salt on them but no vinegar. And so after hunting for malt vinegar we had to do with a substitute that I found a hack for on the internet. White wine vinegar mixed with a little balsamic vinegar makes for a perfectly fine vinegar for chips. Who knew!

So other than missing a few items like the above we are very happy here in Spain.

However, change is afoot. The net is closing in on Covid and new restrictions have just been put in place for the next two weeks.

Curfew

All non-essential businesses and restaurants have to be closed by 6pm and there is a curfew from 10pm until 7am. This really won't affect us much. The gallery that Ciaran's studio is has given him a letter to go to and from the gallery for work and I will probably do shopping during the day and be in before 6pm anyway. Even though the curfew doesn't start until 10pm.  I think this change will do something to assist in bringing Covid cases down as it will stop all of the boisterous evening socializing on the streets of Malaga.  

Online Classes

One big change the restrictions has brought for us is that our Spanish class had moved online for the next two weeks. The class was being given in a small boutique hotel and it has now closed for two weeks so until it reopens we are online on Zoom. We had our first class today and it was intensive. I found it tough online. It certainly challenged me - but if it was easy I probably wouldn't be learning more than I currently know. But as I said before progress is hard......and slow in regard to my language learning.

PIGSY Merchandise

And so life goes on here in Malaga. I'm still working away on Pigsy's art website and all of his digital marketing. Along with that his merchandise has come in and is selling well. 

I'm really pleased how well the Pigsy cap came out. Another thing I'm really pleased with is the result of the recent US election. To celebrate this Pigsy has specially released 46 (yes just 46!) enamel cups printed with his original artwork "Phoenix Rising" - it's a truly inspiring piece of art and it gives me a lot of hope for the future!  

I love my morning coffee so much in my Pigsy mug!! It really is the little things that make me very happy :-) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think