Tuesday 23 September 2014

1 cent cheque - Crazy bank transaction!!!

After closing a bank account it seems that there was a cent due to Ciaran.  So the bank very kindly posted it to him.

The stamp on the envelope cost 60 cents.  I think it costs 25 cents to write a cheque.  I presume there was also a cost to the bank for the two staff who had to sign the cheque.

Who would seriously think it makes business sense to write up this cheque and send it to an ex-customer??!!!

Seriously, have you ever seen anything as silly?!


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wouldn't an email telling him that anything less than a fiver gets donated to charity at the end of the year. But he wants his cent he just needs to let them know,

      Delete
  2. Why don't you take that penny and go buy something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may hang it on my wall if I can find a nice picture frame for 1 cent!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (what enjoywine said!)

      Delete
  3. Save that penny. Apparently, it's a lot more valuable that you have imagined :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think