Saturday 21 August 2021

Homecoming

Back home on the avenue!

So our latest news is that we are back in our house! I have to say that it has made me feel much more settled and it was great to see all our neighbours, we chatted to them all as we met them on the street and everyone we spoke to gave us a lovely greeting and welcomed us back!

I'm currently remote working two days a week and am doing a cycle / dart mix to get to work on the other days. I love the cycle to the dart station which is about 10 mins away from my house and there are bike lanes in parts. After buying a new helmet, I then found my old helmet up in the attic. Ciaran doesn't have a helmet so he took the new one which is plain black and a skull cap style. My old one is black and white and a bit naf looking....but sure it does the job. For visibility in the dark, I ordered a Proviz jacket which illuminates really brightly in the dark when a car light shines on it. I feel much safer wearing my proviz and helmet!

PIGSY Art Exhibition

We've both been doing a ton of work in preparation for the PIGSY art exhibition in Kerry in Kenmare Butter Market. Ciaran got his very large artworks stretched and paper studies framed. All of these works will be presented at his exhibition. Click here to read more about the exhibition.

Torc Brewery

Torc Brewery are the official sponsors of the art exhibition. They are a brewing company based in Killarney in County Kerry and the produce a really nice selection of beers including an Irish Wheat Beer and and Amber Ale. Guests at the opening night of the exhibition on Thurs 2nd of Sept will be able to enjoy the PIGSY art while sampling the tasty Torc Beers. Beer and art - what a great combo!

Read more about Torc Brewing here.

Trip to the Kingdom

We will head down to Kerry for the exhibition on the last Sunday in August and the art will get hung on the gallery wall in time for opening night on Thursday. It's seriously exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think