Saturday 16 March 2024

Bank Holiday chores

 I was up early this morning to start on a big chore - cleaning my oven....which had not been done, let's say "in awhile".

I started the cleaning at about 7am by applying "Oven Mate" to all of the surfaces in the oven that had baked on grime. This was pretty much all of the sides and the door on the mini oven that we use the most and just the bottom of the regular size oven that we generally only use at Christmas time or when we have friends over for dinner.  Along with the two ovens, there is also the built in microwave but I cleaned that the other day. 

I bought Oven Mate in Supervalu and looking online it got lots of good reviews, so I was interested to see if it would work.  If it didn't work, I was going to go with Plan B which was to get a professional oven cleaner in to do the job.

After I applied the gel, I had to leave it for a few hours (or it can be left overnight if it is really bad) so I headed off to my parents house for a visit. I drove over to their house after booking a "Go Car". This was my first time to use a Go Car and my first time to drive in since about 2020!!  

When I returned home after a few hours, I started on the removal of the Oven Mate gel which had turned to a disgusting brown gunge.

Here's the oven before I cleaned off the gel:


And the results speak for themselves, here's the after!


It was a dirty messy job and it took ages (and a lot of paper towels). But I was very pleased with the results and I highly recommend this product for the job.

Next time I won't leave it so long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think