Tuesday 17 March 2015

Cycling in the Dublin St. Patrick's Day Parade!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

Amy and I joined up with a group of cyclists from the Dublin Cycling Campaign to cycle in the Dublin Patrick's Day Parade.


Most of the group cycled on Dublin Bikes which were bedecked out in banners and daffodils in the front baskets.

Lots of others cycled on their cargo bikes in which they carried a few kids!

The dress code for our group was blue but children could wear green (so Bones wore his green hoodie and his hi-viz vest).

A lot of work had been done by the group.  Flower baskets were made for the bikes along with flower pot head pieces(!).  There were also signs for the bikes that were very effective in letting everyone know that we were the Dublin Cycling Campaign.

Amy cycled on a Dublin Bike.


I cycled on my own bike with the trailer for Bones attached to it.  

Speaking of Bones, he got a serious amount of attention from the parade audience and we heard a lot of collective "Aw, look at the dog" as we passed by.

We waved, we blew our whistles and bike horns and we had the best St. Patrick's Day ever!

My photos are obviously all of the cyclists and don't really show a lot of the parade, click here to see more.

You can read Amy's blog about the day here.




3 comments:

  1. Our blogs are very similar :-) Even though I didn't read yours before I posted

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think