Tuesday 11 June 2019

What we did in Key West....

So aside from visiting the awesome bars and restaurants, chilling by the pool and hanging out at the beach here's what we got up to on our recent visit to Key West.

Hemingway House
I reckon I have visited Hemingway's House on Whitehead Street about 5 times and every time I visit I see or hear something different. And I love seeing those 6 toed cats!

This is where some of the the cat's live - in a cat size replica of the Hemingway House!



Truman's Little White House
President Truman seemed like a great character. He spent a lot of his presidency down in Key West, enjoyed the odd game of cards (every night) and started each day with a shot of Old Grandad, as per doctors orders to start his heart!
To hear lots more about President Truman, be sure and visit the Little White House.




Custom House Museum
Custom House has loads of great exhibitions (we especially enjoyed "You don't know Dick" which was running while we were there) and also has a really great gift shop. I bought bamboo reusable straws and also cute metal starfish food picks.

Butterfly Museum
I had heard how good the Butterfly museum was, so I was looking forward to visiting it. It was very relaxing and tranquil and I enjoyed seeing all of the butterflies and also the two resident flamingo's Scarlett and Rhett!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think