Saturday, 1 August 2026

Bank Holiday in Dublin!

Friday started off great when I found a postcard from PIGSY in my letterbox. Check this out - it's the third one that he has sent me from China and I think this is my favourite.

And after work I headed to Dublin City to meet up with the I Bike Dublin Crew for a Critical Mass cycle or BikeBop as it is known also. I was slightly delayed getting on the train so I skipped the first part of the cycle and headed to Dame Street to join in with them when they got to here. It was a great cycle and it felt particularly poignant to cycle down Drury Street as Glen Hansards "Falling Slowly" blared out of the big speakers on the leaders cargo bike.
On Saturday I got up early and headed to Yoga in YogaYard for a 9.30am class that was gifted to me by my twin sister - thanks Amy! 

I was close to missing it, having slept through my alarm and waking up at 8.40am but I promptly got up, slung my gear in my bag and cycled quickly to Ringsend. It was so worth it because there was only 4 of us in the class so it was as good as a private class. 

And then afterwards I went on the train to Dalkey where I browsed the Charity Shop and bought a dress that I had seen yesterday and regretted not buying. I also saw these skates and considered buying them for a hot second. But considering I haven't skated for a long time (see here) I put them back on the shelf for someone else to buy!

I then took the train to town and pottered around as well as getting some Chinese Yuan in preparation for my upcoming trip. Exciting!

I exchanged my euro in the Westmoreland Street branch of No1Currency and I highly recommend them. They are very efficient and friendly and centrally located in Dublin city. For my last trip to Mexico they helped out with my pesos and I was happy to return to them for my yuans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think