Monday 16 June 2014

Island Swim - 12.5 miles around Key West

On Friday the 13th, I left Dublin to travel to Key West.  Given the date I should have expected my travel plans to not work out quite as expected.  

And so after missing my connection in Atlanta, getting rerouted to Miami and spending a night there (where I got 4 hours sleep in a crappy hotel) and after 33 hours of travel I landed at 8.30am and went straight to the beach to start the 12.5 mile swim around Key West at 9am!!!
We were in the 4 man relay event - our 4 team mates were made up of 2 sets of twins.  Myself and my twin and our younger twin sisters also.
This is my twin sister Amy swimming through the main KW shipping channel!
We finished in a very decent 6.5 hours!  What an achievement!
The day after the race we couldn't move our arms above our shoulders but as a friend of my sister said: 
"Pain is temporary, pride lasts forever"




9 comments:

  1. Looks like you, girls had an awesome time together!! I'm sorry about the issues with your flight though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't blame your missed connection on Atlanta. You were delayed courtesy of the French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pilots were probably too busy drinking wine and eating cheese.

      Delete
    2. Nothing wrong with that !

      Delete
  3. What is that in the water behind you? It looks like poo !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unsubscribe !! This blog never has any updates !

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think