Monday 30 June 2014

Key West Oddities

Outside the Green Parrot Bar in Key West we found their little free library.  You can take a book and leave a book.  This was a really sweet little collection of books in a very charming little housing unit.  Make sure to visit it if you are in Key West!

On Caroline Street we met this man and his bird.  He even let the bird perch on my shoulder!


In the East Martello tower I met Robert the Doll.  He didn't seem so evil in the flesh!
But I did ask his permission to take this selfie and I thanked him after!!!

And the best Key West oddity of all is the airport beach bar where you can stick your feet in the sand and enjoy your last drink in KW before you board your flight.

You can also sit on this giant chair and look like you lost a pile of weight while on holidays!


Chickens and Roosters are EVERYWHERE in Key West.  This boldie hopped off a police car roof on to this car.

Next to the house we were staying in was a vacant lot.  There was a family of iguanas living in one of the trees.  This was one of the mid-size iguanas.  Look at the strut on him!!



1 comment:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think