Sunday 8 June 2014

Jazz Brunch at The Gibson Hotel

This morning I had a very special brunch with my twin sister and our oldest and best friend Alice.  We had made an arrangement to meet at 12pm in The Gibson Hotel for their Jazz Brunch.

To start, we were presented with an amuse bouche of fruit smoothie and a little fruit and custard tart.  Very cute to look at and very tasty indeed!

Alice and I, ordered the Eggs Royal which were poached eggs over homemade English muffin with salmon topped with Hollandaise sauce.  They were very good and I really enjoyed them.  Alice gave her dish a thumbs up too.

Amy chose the full Irish.  This fry included Sausage, egg, black & white pudding with rashers and a tomato.

We had a wonderful morning.  We chatted and had a good catch up of all our news and washed down our food with a little vodka (Enid & Amy) and tea and coffee.  Such a lovely way to while away a Sunday!

And if you are wondering why it was called a Jazz Brunch, it's because there was live jazz being played which really adds to the atmosphere at this brunch.  For a city centre location I like this hotel and think it would make a great venue for a hip city wedding. 

I should also add that we caught a glimpse of the Dublin Football team and the manager of the Dublin Team walked by us - The Gibson Hotel is the sleeping partner of the Dublin Senior Team.  What a great partnership!  Later that day Dublin went on to beat Laois - probably down to the fact that the team had a great night's sleep in The Gibson Hotel the night before!!


We asked the barman to take a photo of us which would have been perfect except that I had to go and ruin it by looking like I was in a mug shot!!


2 comments:

  1. Actually looks like you had a bit too much vodka. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Enjoywine1 and her, "Oldest friend Alice", doesn't look very old to me.

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think