Wednesday 7 April 2021

Do you do bone broth?

Bone Broth

Have you ever had Bone Broth? 

So simple to make - you literally just bung bones in a pot and leave them simmer for 12-24 hrs and what you are left with is a pretty much a collagen rich gelatinous stock. 

At home in Ireland, on cold days I used to heat up bone broth I stored in the fridge and drink a cup of delicious bone broth which I only needed to add salt and pepper to it, to my taste. See my post about Bone Broth written back in 2015 here.

Here in Spain, I use bone broth as a base for sauces which I then bake meat in or I cover the vegetables with the sauce (really good if the sauce is cheesy!).

Here's a pic of the bone broth that I have just poured through a sieve in to a jug. It now goes in to the fridge to set. The other picture is of a cauliflower, bacon & cheese bake that I made with a bone broth that was in the fridge from yesterday - it will be served with chicken wings. Yum!


Liquid Gold


And if my post has got you curious about Bone Broth, check out the video below where nutrition consultant Dr Kellyann Petrucci talks all about Bone Broth.....or as she calls it "Liquid Gold"!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think