Saturday 25 April 2015

Beef Dripping & Bone Broth

I'm currently on a 30 day zero carb diet.  In order to increase my fat intake (to give me energy) I wanted to fry my meat and eggs in beef dripping.  Years ago, beef dripping was commonly sold in most butchers in Ireland - I remember having bread fried in beef dripping as a child.  

Boy was it hard to find now!

I eventually found beef dripping in the local butcher.  So happy!  

It really adds so much flavour to my food.



I also made some "Bone Broth" from a chicken carcass.  When it is cold it is gloopy and gelatinous but when it is heated it is a clearish liquid like a consume.  It has a slight chicken flavour but pretty much tastes of nothing.


Here it is warmed up.  I find it warm and comforting and not unpleasant to drink!

And my sister living in Oman swears that it combats cellulite!!!



2 comments:

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think