Tuesday 23 May 2023

Back cinema going!

After falling out of the habit of going to the movies due to covid lockdown, I can now say that we are back cinema going!

It started last Sunday, with a visit to the Stella in the Devlin Hotel to watch "Castro's Spies" which was screened as part of the Ranelagh Arts Festival. This was a very interesting documentary made by Irish film makers.

And then on Friday, on my day off work I went to the Omniplex in Rathmines to see the "Margaret Movie". Otherwise known as, "Are you there God? It's me Margaret" which was initially a book by Judy Blume. 

I had been anticipating this film for awhile as my twin sister had seen it a few weeks back when it opened in Florida and she really enjoyed it. I think mostly films open in the States and Europe at the same time these days so it was surprising to have to wait a few weeks for this one to open in Ireland.  But I have to say it was worth the wait and I really enjoyed it!


Sunday came around and we made another plan to go to the cinema. This time we went to the Dundrum Shopping Centre (I think perhaps my 3rd time to ever visit this place) to see the Nike "Air" movie. Again another great film and a nice trek out on the Luas to Dundrum, getting off at the Balally stop. Normally we go to the movies in Rathmines at the Omniplex but it felt like a real date going on the Luas to Dundrum. It was something different. However, when we just missed a Luas and had to then wait 15 minutes for the next one, we both agreed that the Omniplex was probably a better option as we could just walk there and back without having to wait for a tram. Either way a fun evening and we are back for sure as "cinema goers"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think