Friday 28 September 2012

Arthurs Day/Marketers Day?!

Really enjoyed "Tuesdays with Morrie" last night.  Thought it was an excellent production.  In particular I thought that Terry Byrne who played Morrie was brilliant.

On the way home we drove through the city and up Camden Street.  It was crazy!!!  The Village had a live band on for Arthurs Day and 2FM were there recording it.  Every pub on the street was packed and there were people all over the place, even walking on the road. Traffic had come to a complete standstill.  

I think Arthur's Day has only been celebrated for the last few years - the cynic in me is beginning to see it as just one big marketing opportunity even though it is great for all of those less well known bands who get to play in all of the great venues all over Dublin.  

I think the whole concept of Arthur's Day just leaves me a little cold. 

1 comment:

  1. I just saw an FB-post about an Arthur's Day celebration at a restaurant near us in Kuala Lumpur. I don't think you're cynical at all, just perceptive:) Mind you the amount of Guinness I drank in college, every day back then was Arthur's Day;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think