Thursday 13 June 2013

Flaming Buoy Fillet Co.

For dinner on our first night in Key West we ate in Flaming Buoy, which is one of our favourite places to dine.

We had our choice of tables and we took what we think is the best table.  It is a little table wedged in to a very private area.

We ordered a really delicious Malbec -  tasted so good and went really well with the steak.  

For starter, Ciaran had shrimp (or prawns as we call them in Ireland).  He enjoyed them!

I ordered off the small plates menu (salad, 3 small plates + a dessert for $22 - bargain!!) and I chose the blue cheese wedge salad to start.  I meant to ask what type of blue cheese it was but I forgot to :-(

For main, Ciaran had the NY Striploin which was huge!! He ordered it rare and it was cooked perfectly.


My main consisted of their popular lobster & mac (divine as always), steak on crispy bread (yum) and a small bowl of chilli (which I wish I had ordered a bacon wrapped scallop instead) - I left off the sour cream.



Then for dessert, on the advice of our server (Alberto from Queens), I chose the Banana Bread Toast with maple syrup & Tahaitian Vanilla Ice Cream from Flamingo Crossing.  All I can say is Wow!!  It was fantastic - I would return to Flaming Buoy in a shot for it!

Flaming Buoy is a great option for a romantic meal off the beaten path.  It's a quirky KW restaurant that is so charming.  You will enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think