Wednesday 7 May 2014

Rathmines Dublin 6

After a swim this morning I took a few pics of some interesting things I saw in Rathmines this morning.  

This is the Rathmines College that is housed in the Rathmines Town Hall.  I have passed by this building numerous times but never look up at it.  The clock tower caught my eye as there was a crane above it (building the new cinema in the Swan Centre).

It's a stunning building with so many details.  On sunny days the red bricks look fantastic.


Across the road from the Town Hall is the Rathmines Public Library.  I always thought it had the look of a Carnegie Library and I was right!  Check out the plaque.

There were a fair few Carnegie Libraries built in Ireland and you can find more information here about them.



I saw a Fiat too.  
I think it is the Fiat 500 - the original Smart Car!!!

Afterwards my friend called over for coffee (she was at meetings in Rathmines) before heading back to work.

I had Pain au Chocolate for with the coffee but Alice had picked up beautiful sweet treats from the Natural Bakery.  The rice crispie cakes were good but the bright pink donuts tasted like bubblegum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think