Sunday 12 July 2015

Rockets by Eddie Rockets (on Baggot Street)

Passing by Eddie Rockets on Baggot Street the other day I saw that this diner had been given an overhaul.  Gone was the traditional red 1950's diner look and in it's place was a stripped down hipster looking hamburger joint.

My sister is home from Oman for a short holiday (after returning from a week in Kuala Lumpur with her twin sister to celebrate their birthday) so when she called over to my house on Friday with Katie I suggested we go see what this new place was like.

We walked to the restaurant and when we got their we saw that the menu has been stripped back and you order at the counter and then your name is called when your order is ready.  Sauces are all available as serve yourself at the  end of the counter and drinks are free refills (love this!).

Burgers come with two patties as standard while the small burger has just one patty.  Chips or a small salad (which is teeny weeny) and a soda can be added to a burger for an extra €4 - but I ordered sweet potato fries with my burger.

We really liked the food!  We thought the burgers tasted way better than the regular Eddie Rockets burger and we thought the bun was also much improved (I reckon this burger could give Bunsen Burger a run for its money).  I rate burger buns on their "Bun-ability", top marks go to buns that don't break up as you eat the burger - this bun scored well!!  We felt that Rockets had the feel of a Roadside Burger Joint and that the burgers were similar to what you might get in somewhere like 5 Guys or Shake Shack.  

Have you visited Rockets?  What did you think of it?






2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love the action shots of you breaking your LCHF diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously ??? What happened to all that LCHF stuff???

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think