Thursday 17 September 2015

What I read on holidays.....

"Smart Women" by Judy Blume
I bought this book in Pacific Grove in the Friends of the Library book sale for $2.  I had read a few of Judy Blume's adult reads before and enjoyed them.  This one is very "1980's" but enjoyable all the same.


"Surf Mama" was the perfect beach read.  All about English artist, Wilma Johnson, and her quest to learn to surf at the age of 40, after moving from Ireland to France, it made me want to get a wetsuit and board and learn too!!

"The short and tragic life of Robert Peace" by Jeff Hobbs
 Oh wow! This book was amazing. I bought it in the airport in San Francisco and had it read when I arrived in Philadelphia 5 hours later. What a tale of a life that promised so much - it makes you think that sometimes our life is mapped out for us no matter what extra chances we are given.

I generally switch over to Radio 1 to avoid Ivan Yates on Newstalk. However, I did enjoy his biography - he sure has lived a life and a half.

B.J. Novak's "One more thing" is pretty much fictional musings on modern life.  Amusing in parts, I bought this book in Pacific Grove but left it behind in Santa Cruz as I had finished it and didn't want to carry it home.......what does this say about the book?!



This was Ciaran's "light reading" for our holiday.  I flicked through it and read a few of the more interesting chapters.  I studied Sociology in University so I found some of it to be fascinating from a sociological perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think