Tuesday 22 September 2015

Low Carb Cauliflower Meals

Check this baby out!

I got a new Food Processor (the Kenwood FP582 takes up 30% less space in a kitchen press than a regular processor due to its streamlined design) which makes chopping up cauliflower a breeze. 

I flew through these cauliflowers and had 3 batches of cauliflower rice in no time at all.  When you have the right tools it is easy!
This is all the waste from the cauliflower - there is more waste than actual cauliflower!! This will all go in to my brown waste bin which takes all my compostable material.
I made up three different things.   
* Pizza for tonight (with cauliflower base)
* Pizza I froze for Thursday night (thanks to a blog reader for suggesting I make two bases at the same time - Great tip Lisa!) 
*Kung Pao Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice for tomorrow night.

Here is the pizza we ate tonight. The base was a bit more solid than the other time I made it so it felt more like real pizza.

Here's the pizza that went in to the freezer. I will cook from frozen on Thursday evening.
 I plated up the Kung Pao Chicken for tomorrow evening. It might have been a better idea to make the coconut cauli-rice tonight but then cook the chicken fresh tomorrow. I'll do that next time.
The Kung Pao Chicken with Cauli Rice is a banting recipe from The Real Food Revolution Cookbook.
All in all a fairly productive hour and a half or so of cooking - however the house does smell of cauliflower which is not so good :-(

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go!

    Lol it doesn't smell so good. I steamed broccoli tonight so my house doesn't smell good either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that little processor and the pizza and chicken looks yummy!! i would be happy to send that book to you if you'd like to read it! thank you for linking to willy nilly friday and i hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute looking food processor!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think