Sunday 4 February 2018

Recycle or reuse

2 million take away coffee cups go in to landfill every day here in Ireland.

That's a fairly shocking figure.

I think many of us are under the impression that coffee cups are recyclable but unfortunately that is not generally the case.

So the solution to this is of course to bring your own reusable cup with you.


I am making a concerted effort to bring a cup along with me when I go for coffee as every little helps.

Many cafes also give discounts if you bring your own cup which I think is a good incentive for people to change their habits. Here's a list of some of the places that give discounts.

I have lots of different cups and to be honest it is alot nicer drinking out of your own cup instead of some of the cardboard cups that cafes use.

As I say, every little helps. I also think there will probably be changes in the future - for example the government may start to put a tax on takeaway cups like the plastic bag levy. So I might as well change my habits before external factors force me to change my habits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think