Tuesday 6 April 2021

Ode to the avocado!

Spanish Avocados

Oh boy! We've been eating tons of avocados these days for two reasons. One is that we are both eating keto but the second reason is because the Spanish avocados that we have been getting here in Malaga are A-mazing!! 

I've served them along side most of the meat that we have been eating over the past few weeks and have even mixed them up with steamed brocolli along with cheese sauce. One day I fried them alongside bacon - and that sure worked well.


I got these avocados in Mercadona just off Paseo de Redding (40 minute round trip of a walk from our apartment) and they are so tasty. They are soft, buttery and just perfect - and they were grown in Velez-Malaga which is probably less than 50 miles away!!

They will make a tasty accompaniment to chicken wings this evening - all the avocado needs is a squeeze of lime juice.

Being high fat, avocados are the perfect keto food. And speaking of keto food, check out the video below of cheesy egg bites. I've made these before at home in Ireland and they come out great. I've no pan here in Spain so I will have to wait until we get back to Ireland to eat them again!

Keto Egg Bites a la Starbucks



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think