Friday 23 April 2021

The Old Knitting Factory in Carraroe

 The Old Knitting Factory in Carraroe

Back in 2017, I spent a few weekends in The Old Knitting Factory in the Gaeltacht area of Galway in the small village of Carraroe. 

The little cottage is on the banks of Loch on Mhuillin and I spent a few different weekends there. One trip was with my twin sister and my husband while the other was with my twin sister and our best friend. It is beautiful tranquil place - at the time of my visit there was no mobile data coverage, so I was able to take a complete digital detox which added to the tranquility of the place!

It's great to hear the news and developments of what is going on in the cottage now. Best selling author Betsy Cornwall is working on setting up an artist residency for single mothers in The Old Knitting Factory. I'm excited to see it all evolve for her and how she creates her dream.

PIGSY has written a great blog all about the history of The Old Knitting Factory - click here to read it. It also gives further information about Betsy's plans for the cottage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think