Friday 19 May 2023

Low carb seed crackers

I borrowed "The Real Meal Revolution" from the library, which gave me a hankering for low carb seed crackers after I saw a recipe in the book.

When I set about making the crackers yesterday I found that my scales was not working so I instead made the Diet Doctor version of the recipe as it gave the measurements in cup sizes rather than grams. 

They were simple to make (but took longer than expected to bake fully) - see below for the finished product. Most of the ingredients are easily found but I needed to visit Horans health store in Dun Laoghaire in order to buy Psyllium Husk which was new to me. It's probably the ingredient that binds all the seeds together so I would imagine you can't make the cracker without it - however, I did add a little milled chia seeds as an extra, and maybe this helped bind the seeds together too. 
Diet Doctor refers to them as Keto Seed Crackers but I would probably say they are low carb rather than keto. And you would probably need to be careful and not eat too many if you are trying to keep carbs under a particular amount per day.
But they sure do hit the spot if you are looking for a crispy bite or something to put a bit of cheese on. I ate a few with mascarpone cheese and they were delish!

For storage I put them in these glass containers with plastic clip lids. Let's see how they last.
After visiting Nick's Coffee regularly over the past few years, I bought a bag of their coffee for the first time as a little gift for a coffee aficionado.  This is a 250g bag and they do a 1kg bag too,
I didn't get the beans ground as I know the giftee grinds their own, so I felt it was better to give the whole bean.
For today, I plan to go to an afternoon film in the Rathmines Omniplex. "Are you there God? It's me Margaret" finally opens in Ireland.
Read my twin sister's blog about this film here when she watched it a little while ago. I hope I enjoy it as much as she did!

Edit -
I found this video by Heavenly Fan of her recipe for seed crackers.  It's very similar to the Diet Doctor recipe that I followed.  I'll probably try this recipe next time





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think