Monday 15 May 2023

New to me: Avocado Oil

As you know I am back on a keto kick for the past while.  I decided to go back low carb after getting in to an awful habit of eating a massive pastry in Nick's, everytime I went for a coffee there (probably 4-5 times a week). There came a point where I realised that the only reason I was going to Nick's was for the pastry (they were pretty good!) and not the coffee that I decided I had to stop......and I needed to give up all other carbs too.

So it was back on to keto to get back in control.

One of the things that I do when I am on keto is to make homemade mayonaise. However, I generally make it with olive oil which can have such an overpowering taste. 

So as an alternative I tried to find some avocado oil for sale as I wanted to make mayo with it.

I found the avocado oil in Holland & Barrett......and guess what, it is delicious and it makes very tasty mayo. And it is especially nice drizzled over a potassium rich real avocado!

If you are interested in eating low carb, check out this lady. She wrote the book that I have on my shelf right now (I borrowed it from the library). I used to follow her on youtube years ago and her story is very inspirational as well as being a great keto cook!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think