Friday 9 June 2023

What I've been up to....

 Here's some of the things I've been up to since I last blogged....

The weather has been very good here in Ireland so we've got out and about to places we normally wouldn't go to. 

We hopped on a Dart to Malahide to visit the car free street in Malahide. First off when we arrived in Malahide (after a long wait for a train and then a longer than expected train ride) I thought the train station was so cute!  I guess it is in the arts & craftts style of architecture (not sure about this, correct me if I am wrong) and it is very quaint and charming.

From the station we made the short walk to New Street in Malahide.  We were in search of wings in Wishbone but discovered that the restaurant has closed - with no mention of this on their social media and website. But New Street itself is gorgeous and has a lovely ambiance. If you are in the area it is definitely worth visiting to experiencing the clean quiet calmness of the car free space.

As I mentioned the weather has been very good in Ireland - particularly over the June BH so because of this, we visited Herbert Park on Sunday as I knew there was a food market there. I forgot to take a pic of the market as a whole but it had a few nice stalls including a large vegetable stall, a fish seller and other stalls selling nice oils and farm fresh apple juice. Along with these stalls there was lots of food truck offerings. Ciaran went and queued for coffee while I went searching a low carb option with signs up for a Wicklow sausage of some sort.....but I never found the sausage so settled on chicken skewers which were so tasty and great to eat in the park in the sun.
And then yesterday evening I met my gal pal Alice in our usual spot of the "Canal Bank" - I love their wings! It's a casual spot and we love our casual meet up for food, wine and great chats.

Even though the restaurant is only around the corner from my house I ended up cycling the short way as I realised I would be late if I walked because I was setting off at 6.26pm in order to meet Alice there for a 6.30pm booking. In fairness it was cold when we were leaving so I was glad to cyce after I saw Alice on to the bus for her to get home across the city. Next time I must suggest that we meet closer to her home as we are on a bus route that literally goes door to door between our houses!
Today is another busy day with a lunch date planned in Dublin city with my mother and niece with the closing of the Ranelagh Arts Group Show after that. The finissage is on from 6-8pm and the weather promises to be pleasant so it should all work out very nicely. 

PIGSY's artwork "I like toast" is part of this show and you can read more about the painting here, or you can watch the video below of his recent solo exhibition in Ranelagh.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think