Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas is over....and my tree is coming down

Here in Ireland it is tradition to leave your Christmas Tree up until January the 6th (Little Christmas or Women's Christmas/Nollaig na mBan).

However, I am back in work tomorrow for three days which brings us up to the 31st of January. I am beginning to think ahead to the New Year and make plans to clean the house etc. Therefore, I decided to start taking down the tree yesterday evening. I have all the decorations packed away and will take down the tree today and get it all in the attic. I can then clean my house from top to bottom on New Years Day and start 2016 with a spotless organised house.....that's the plan anyway!


 Here's the tree all bare and plain looking.


I got these ornament boxes for half price in Dunnes a few years ago. If I saw any for sale today I would probably buy two more.



I only had one wrapping paper tube so I twisted one set of lights on to it. I bunged another set of light in to the Roses tin - I hope they won't be too tangled when I unpack next year.


I'm not too sad to see everything being packed away.....I just hope I don't bring bad luck upon myself by taking the tree down before Little Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think