Thursday 24 December 2015

It's Christmas Eve!

It's Christmas Eve!  
All is calm here after a busy few days.
Here is a catch up blog of all that has gone on....

On Tuesday, I made food all day for a Cocktail Party that we held on that evening. I served the following:
- Swedish Meatballs (thanks for suggestion Pam)
- Cream Cheese covered in Sweet Chili Sauce with Melba Toast (this is a South African favourite which I know about from my aunt who returned from living in SA for over 30 years)
- Cherry Tomatoes stuffed with Pesto Cream Cheese
- Charcuterie of meats with cheese & quince
- Cocktail Sausages
- Houmous with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Stacked smoked salmon & brown bread sandwiches
- Mince Pies and a selection of mini pastries

My twin sister called over to help me at 4pm after work - what a god send!! Thanks Amy!

The next day on Wednesday morning we called to our parents house to drop off our Christmas presents for family members. 

For lunch we tried a newly opened restaurant called "Angelina's". It's within an apartment block on Percy Place. We had an enjoyable meal. The food was fine for lunch but looked a little pricey for dinner.


After lunch we strolled home and decided to watch a Christmas Film.  We chose "Elf" which I have never seen from start to finish. I really enjoyed it! Christmassy and funny!

A friend of Ciaran's gifted us this jar of homemade liver pate that he had made.  OMG!  So delicious!  I love pate and you can't beat it when it is homemade.  Went beautifully on melba toast with a glass of wine.


Our plan for today, Christmas Eve, is to wander around Dublin City and then go for lunch in Brioche in Ranelagh. We then may meet friends for a drink and then home to relax and maybe watch another Christmas Film.

What about you?  What are you getting up to this Christmas Eve?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think