Monday 16 May 2016

Green Scene in KW

One of my favourite things to do on holidays is to bike around. On this trip to Key West, I bought a bike as it is cheaper than renting for the 3 weeks.

Here I am cycling to dinner on my cream & green bike wearing my coordinating Lily Pulitzer dress.

 Before dinner in 7 Fish we stopped in for a cocktail at Square One - where I coordinated my green Banana Republic bracelet with my cocktail!!



Speaking of green, Key West is possible the only place where you can have a drink in the Chart Room Bar with a lady wearing an emerald around her neck that she found when on one of her diving trips with Mel Fisher. Incredible!

Mel Fisher had the saying "Today is the day" which makes me believe in the impossible.  Who would think that a teacher from Alabama could learn to scuba dive and give up teaching to go diving in Key West on the wreck of the Atocha and find an emerald?  Just like that!

That was certainly the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think