Saturday 15 April 2017

Good Friday - Great Friday!

Friday night meant a trip to the theatre with my cousin and sister to see the The Train. 

What a show. 

It's a musical.........I love musicals!

Although being a musical, it's on a very serious topic that women in Ireland are still fighting for today: Bodily Autonomy.

You can click in to the video below to see story of the Contraceptive Train that the play is based on.




The Abbey Theatre is a great place to see any play. I had bought the cheapest tickets so we possibly had the worst seats in the house. We were right in the back row but I can honestly say there wasn't a thing wrong with the view. I don't think there is a bad seat in this theatre - just some are better than others.

When I got home I looked at the cast online as I knew that one of the actors was very familiar. When I saw who it was - Lisa Lambe - I instantly remembered her from when she was in Celtic Woman. She is one seriously talented lady.




All of the pubs are closed on Good Friday in Ireland due to licensing laws (again due to the non division between Church and State) but alcohol was allowed to be served in The Abbey. There are some strange places that do not fall under the ban - airports, train stations, hotels (in the residents bar) and also theatres. Pre-show drinks were nice along with interval wine too!!
All very civilised.

The Train chugs out of Dublin and on to The Mac in Belfast - do go see it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think