Saturday 15 April 2017

Litter Picking Friday - Team Dublin Clean Up

While browsing twitter on Friday morning I came across a Dublin wide clean up campaign called #TeamDublinCleanup.
I tweeted for further info and found out that there was one going on in both Ranelagh and Donnybrook along with other areas of the town including Stonybatter, Finglas and Phibsboro.

Amy said she would be interested in doing it also and so we went along to the Ranelagh Arts Centre at 11am.

There we got Hi-Viz vests, litter pickers, plastic bags and gloves and off we went litter picking!


There were a fair few volunteers out cleaning - one man did great work at the entrance to the park and another group did a job on the lane at the side of Supervalu (which is a bit of a litter blackspot, I think). Amy and I picked litter from the luas flyover to the triangle and then back down the street on the Arts centre side.

It was brilliant to see the community engagement and spirit and I like the optics of the community getting out to help. This was the 2nd annual #TeamDublinCleanUp and I think it will get bigger and better year on year!

There is a Dublin Canal Action Day next Saturday, click here for info. They are looking for volunteers so do go along if you are free and want to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think