Monday 27 November 2017

The future is electric!

The future is electric......well for me anyway!

I had been considering getting an electric bike at different points over the last few years. As I wasn't doing so much cycling I didn't think it was worth it.

However, since I moved job and am now cycling over 20km a day to and from work I reckoned it was the right time to get one. 

I decided to purchase from Greenaer as they have been in the business of selling electric bikes for the past 10 years, carry out servicing of electric bikes and they also had a secondhand version of the bike I wanted in stock.

Here it is - the Kalkhoff Agattu.



What a bike!  It's light and so much fun to ride and it makes my cycle to work such a pleasurable experience in comparison to my cycle on my old bike where I arrived to work hot, sweaty and tired. Even though it is cold I am enjoying my commute by bike a lot!

Here's a close up of the battery.  It's about the size of a brick and I need to take it inside when I am not using the bike. During the winter in particular, the battery needs to be brought in to the house as they really don't like the cold weather.  See here for more tips on looking after your battery in the winter.


As you can see I have a set of panniers on my bike. I am not really a fan of panniers, I much prefer to use a basket, where I can just load my shopping in with no hassles and be on my way. However, I will admit that the crate that I had on the front of my dutch bike was heavy and certainly destabilised my bike. So panniers it is for me on this bike. I also got the panniers in Greenaer - they sell a range of accessories along with bikes. I also got two locks for my bike.

If you are thinking of buying a bike, I recommend a visit to Greenaer. They were easy to deal with and were very helpful when I was making my purchase.

And if you haven't been on a bike in a while it might be the time to get back on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think