Monday 18 December 2017

Ah Kerrygold.....

An American friend of mine sent me a link to this Kerrygold ad that is currently on US TV.



It is certainly an ad that is made for a specific market but after watching it I started thinking of some of the great Kerrygold ads from my childhood here in Ireland.

One of the more famous ones was "Who's taking the horse to France?" If you ask this question to people of a certain age in Ireland they will all repeat it back with a country accent and then say, "Kerrygold". Lol.

And then there is good old Andre who is wondering if there is something "ee can do to 'elp". In typical Irish fashion he is told he can put a bit of butter on the spuds.

This one is a tear jerker. It is more recent - perhaps around the time of the Celtic Tiger crash. It is very real and in some ways is a record of what was going on in Ireland then as people had to leave to get work elsewhere.

Kerrygold sure did ham up the oirishness in past ads and appears to be staying true to this with it's new offering above. But sure if it gets people tasting this amazing butter, what do I care!

Ok, see ya, I'm off to Youtube to look at the ESB "Going Home" ad......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think