Sunday 31 December 2017

Enid & Amy's annual Christmas Lunch - Amuse, Dawson Street

For the past few years I have brought Amy on what we call our "boozy Christmas lunch" for her Christmas gift from me.

Last year was Luna while this year was Amuse on the 23rd of December.

Amuse is on Dawson Street and has a beautiful calm quiet dining room. 

We decided we were going to take it easy and only have one glass of wine with dinner as I was heading on to a cocktail party afterwards. However, after we looked at the menu and chose the tasting menu we decided to order a bottle of wine as we felt we needed more than a glass to go with the five courses.  We only drank a little over a glass each but we were glad we got the bottle!





Amy thought the a la carte looked more to her taste than the tasting menu but I persuaded to go for the tasting menu. She was glad she did!

Amuse serves Japanese-French fusion. The food looks amazing on the plate and is phenomenal tasting.




I think the pork was my favourite dish.



Dessert was what I considered to be the most average plate out of all of the dishes.

Amy chose cheese over the dessert. This attracted a €9 supplement which I thought was a little rich for forgoing the dessert for the cheese plate

Oh dear lord. Do you see the piece of cheese at the back - peeping out from the ramekin?  That was the stinkiest tasting cheese ever. I like stinky cheese but man this was foul tasting!

It looked so innocuous but packed a serious punch.


Cheers to a great boozy Christmas lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think