Sunday 30 October 2022

Flying visit to Malaga

Malaga!

In order to get two PIGSY paintings to Spain, we decided to fly to Malaga and hand deliver them rather than sending them in the mail. It was going to be my first time back in the city after spending a year there during lockdown so I was unsure how I was going to feel about it.

So last Sunday we went on an Aer Lingus flight to Malaga arriving in the late afternoon. We immediatly headed to our favourites Casa Lola for a few tapas and then on to La Classica for some Gambas and White Fish.

We packed lots in and met up with different groups of friends. Some of the restaurants we ate in included Ocho (lunch and dinner) and a little wine bar on Paseo de Redding that I can't think what it was called. 

One of the things I definitely wanted to do was eat a portion of Berenjenas which I had been dreaming of - these fried aubergines were definitely as I remembered them!

Other than that we swam (pool and sea) and even managed to have ice creams in Casa Mira for old times sake along with all of this we got a bit of art in with a trip to the CAC (along with a drop in to La Casa Amarilla to delivery the PIGSY paintings)......I also might have had a few glasses of cava and vino tinto.

In no particular order, here's a photo dump from the short trip of just Sunday to Wednesday. A flying visit for sure - but so good to be back!! 



At the rooftop bar in AC Malaga - a Marriott hotel
Just off Constitution Plaza
In La Classica near Uncibay Plaza (for the best white fish)
Pastries and cava for breakfast on a friend's rooftop terrace
Gambas
With a friend that I met for coffee - selfie time afterwards
Looking out on to Constitution Plaza
La Casa Amarilla Crew
In Ocho for lunch with friends from Ireland
Foie Gras in Ocho
Pate in Ocho
I tasted a fresh fig for the first time!
Rooftop pool in AC Malaga
Cathedral view
Sitting at the counter in Casa Lola's
Ice cream at Casa Mira
Visiting CAC
A plate of Berenjenas in a square just off Calle Larios



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think