Sunday 5 November 2023

Hola! Back at learning Spanish

Here's what I've been getting up to over the past few days. Unfortunately I took no photos so will just have to see what I can find online.

Thursday evening brought me back to somewhat formal Spanish learning with a teacher led conversational Spanish class in the library.  I'm currently doing Duolingo but am finding that that the less Spanish I speak the more I am losing my words and any fluency that I have built up. So it was good to be back conversing in Spanish. At the first class we spoke about food that we like and in the next class the plan is to talk about the airport.

And then on Friday, I took half day from work in order to meet my mother and niece for a lovely lunch in a Chinese restaurant on Wicklow Street (my mother's choice). Both Mam and Eleanor had curry (chicken and vegetable) while I had chicken with satay sauce which was so good. There were lots of tasty veg in my dish and the sauce was perfectly peanutty with the slightest bit of heat. We shared starters of spring rolls, salt & chilli chicken and Satay chicken skewers. With some nice red wine to wash it all down it was a great meet up in the centre of Dublin
And later that evening on Friday, I suggested to Ciaran that we should head over to Capel Street on the north side of the city as Dublin City Council were running a night market street event with loads of activities on Capel Street.

We took the Luas to O'Connell Street and from there we walked to Capel Street. When we got to the street, a screening of "The Goonies" was just starting at the top end of the street (not the Quays end) and we walked from the top to the bottom and took all the activitiy in. There was live music, games and market stalls along with cooking demonstrations.  

It was so busy with the street packed with people so I couldn't event really see if there were stalls selling hot food - this is what I had hoped for, as Ciaran hadn't eaten all day so I thought he could get something here. We even tried to get in to All Bar Chicken but that was fully booked.  So perhaps for the next night street event like this there could be food trucks as part of the event. But fun all the same!

We took the bus home and cooked chicken wings for dinner along with a glass of cava while watching Big Brother live evictions. 

All in all another great day in Dublin City!

1 comment:

  1. Your post was a fantastic blend of informative and thought-provoking content.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think