Sunday 30 March 2014

Sunday Funday!

It was Mother's Day today in Ireland and UK so we called to both of our mother's with gifts of flowers, wine and chocolates.

We didn't stay for dinner in my mother's as she is having an operation on her back this Tuesday.  She was hosting my two sisters, my brother in law, my nana and my uncle for dinner so I didn't want to put more pressure on her by adding two dinner guests + dog!

After my mother's we called to Ciaran's mother.  She was delighted with her flowers but had already got a bunch from Ciaran's brother. He lives in Galway so he arranged for a florist to deliver them to her. Nice! 

Ciaran's Dad spoke to us about how much he enjoyed the Patrick Scott exhibition in the Imma so we decided to go once we left their house.

His works are spectacular and we whiled away the time looking at them.  

Scott passed away just before this exhibition opened.  He was 93 and seems to have had an amazing life.  Starting out as an architect he worked for the famous Irish architect Michael Scott for 15 years, and worked on the well known Bus Aras building -  he completed the main work on the stunning mosaic patterns in this building.  I also learnt that he designed the black and orange livery for the trains in CIE!

A very worthwhile exhibition to visit, do go if you get a chance. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you mammies - hope you had a great day!



3 comments:

  1. I need to go to this exhibition!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do!!!

      A fiver in.......but free on Fridays. Friday Freeday!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know it was Mother's Day. I hope it all goes well for your mother on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think