Sunday 17 February 2013

Roundabout Ranelagh

It's a very pleasant day so I just took the dog for a walk to Ranelagh Gardens which is a close by park. I took a picture of two buildings of interest on my walk home.  Ranelagh Gardens is the site of the first balloon ride in Ireland in 1783.

The house with the green door is the Indian Embassy on Leeson Park Avenue. The other house is called St. Helens. Situated near Warwick Terrace, it is unlike any other in Ranelagh.

For info, Ranelagh is pronounced Wren-a-lah!

6 comments:

  1. That is interesting about the first balloon ride in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for the pronunciation key - i would not have guessed correctly. I like this adventure.
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely place for a walk. I enjoy seeing the scenery there. I've always daydreamed of visiting Ireland since I was a child after hearing that my mother's great grandfather and great uncle originated from there. My great great grandfather and his twin brother came to America in the early 1900's. They were O'Nolan's but shortened the name to Nolan when they arrived in New York.
    I was pronouncing Ranelagh incorrectly in my mind when I read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the garden is pretty...I am sure I do not pronounce the name correctly:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tour. It's so pretty there! Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful houses! Thanks for giving us the pronunciation guide - I had no idea how to say it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think