Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Cellar

Lovely lunch in The Cellar in the Merion Hotel today.

For starter I had a chicken liver and foie gras parfait with brioche and onion marmalade.  It was served so beautifully with the onion marmalade in a little jar.  The liver parfait was tasty and the brioche was melt in your mouth.

For my main I chose Beef Cheek with a pomme mouselline, mushrooms and pearl onions and bacon ragout.  The beef was amazing - so rich!

Then dessert was a passionfruit posset with macaroon and white chocolate bark.  Other dessert choices were choux buns filled with vanilla ice cream served with a jug of melted dark chocolate.

All divine!

If you are ever in Dublin town, I thoroughly recommend this place.

Btw, I should mention that I also had a very generous glass of the house red!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my Dear! I've come to your blog (a little late, I know!) from Rural Journal's "blog - building" party ~ I always love delightful new blogs to follow and meeting new people!
    Now following you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to admit, I've never heard of the foods on the menu. :)

    Glad you enjoyed your lunch.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think