Tuesday 17 February 2015

Pancake Tuesday

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

I did a little pancake cheat by buying ready made pancake mix by Odlums which all you need to do is add milk to.  I know you are probably thinking that pancakes are the easiest thing in the world to make but with both of us working, I will always take a short cut if possible!



It is so convenient to use and there is no clean up either!



It's pancakes for dummies - all you do is fill the milk up to the mark on the bottle and shake and then they are ready to pour.  You don't even have to transfer them to a jug or use a ladle to put the batter on the pan.  Simple!


I bought the American style pancake mix but there is also a thin crepe variety.  



I made a large stack of pancakes for dinner!



I ate mine with bacon (rashers) and maple syrup.


Pancake Tuesday is a big celebration here in Ireland and marks the start of Lent.  
Do you celebrate Pancake Tuesday?

8 comments:

  1. Its called Fausnaught Day here and they are like powdered donuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So interesting!!!!!!

      And look fab!
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasnacht_%28doughnut%29

      Delete
  2. Nyom!!!!!!

    But no lemon and sugar????

    ReplyDelete
  3. very Canadian with the bacon and maple syrup. We don't often have pancakes, I find them to be dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were so moist Gill - and then they were even wetter when covered in syrup!

      I love Maple syrup - you are lucky to live in Canada!!

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think