Sunday 15 February 2015

Valentine's Weekend

Fun day yesterday.  At 2pm, Amy and I went to see "Fifty Shades of Grey".  We had decided to go on Friday night so I had booked the tickets online as I was afraid it might book out quickly due to the hype of the film.

We both enjoyed the film (it's a typical big budget Hollywood film) and it certainly is a better film than book!!



Later on that evening we went to the play "A girl is a half-formed thing" which was also a book prior to being made in to a play.

This play was so intense and it was quite surreal to watch it after having seen the silliness of 50 Shades earlier on.

It was a one woman play and the actress, Aoife Duffin, who played all the characters was incredible.  I found it very poignant when she played her older brother who as he regressed her voice became babyish while he got sick and began to die.  Very moving.

This was an intense and gripping play that was extremely harrowing to watch in many parts but I thought it was excellent. Particular elements were very Irish and perhaps it may not translate well to an International stage or maybe, on the other hand, what I think are Irish stories are actually universal world wide family stories. 



1 comment:

  1. I read all three 50 Shades books and if you took out the sex, it would have maybe made one readable book...LOL Glad you enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think