Tuesday 10 February 2015

Dry Shampoo Reviews

Although my hair is very straight and generally easy to style it is also unfortunately very oily.  It needs to be washed every day and I often need to freshen it up with a dry shampoo (particularly when I have had it blow dried in the hairdresser).  I also think that Dry Shampoo adds volume to my hair, which I tend to need as my hair can be very flat.

I've tried out a few different Dry Shampoos and I have to say that I find Batiste (which has been made since the 1970's) to be the best.


However, I have tried other Dry Shampoos which are generally cheaper than Batiste.  Recently I used this Garnier Dry Shampoo.  It says on the can that it is Vanilla Milk flavour and is for mid to long hair.  I was disappointed though as I didn't find it effective and to be honest I didn't like how it made my hair feel.  On  positive note, however, I did like the scent of this product.


Boots used to make a really cheap basic brand that was completely rubbish so I wasn't too convinced that this new Boots brand (see below) would be any use.  I chose to buy the "Paradise Island" flavour (I love tropical smells) which is very nice and has hints of coconuts to it possibly.  

Wow was I surprised when I used it.  It smelt great, made my hair look and feel so good and was very reasonably priced too - I think it was actually the cheapest Dry Shampoo on the shelf!


Do you use Dry Shampoo - have you got any recommendations?

My final tip is that Dry Shampoo is great when styling freshly washed hair in an upstyle - if your hair is too shiny just spray a little dry shampoo in!


4 comments:

  1. never used dry shampoo before. I too wash my hair daily as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. I bought a different brand and it left my hair oily and flat. I am going to look for these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not really used dry shampoo but this one sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never used dry shampoo but your article is pushing me to try it out. I generally wash my hair with safest keratin complex shampoo out there. My hair stylist suggested this to me and since that time I use them only. Great product!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think