Sunday 22 February 2015

Life Changing Tidying: The KonMari Method

I borrowed a book called "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo from the Library but brought it back before I ever read it.....what a mistake!

Anyway as luck would have it I was reading someone's blog yesterday and they made mention of a video referencing it.

You can check out the video below to see how to go about folding your T-Shirts and once you get the idea you can set about tidying your clothes drawers, like I did!


The above two drawers were the ones I sent about tidying first.  I presume most people's drawers look like this?  

The clothes are all folded in on top of each other and you can't see anything really except for the top layer of items.

I tossed all the clothes out on to the floor and began folding.


Look at the difference!!!


I can see everything at a glance!!


I even managed to get a few extra things in to these drawers so not only does it make everything easier to be seen it also gives you extra space.

As well as tidying KonMari gives advice about decluttering.  She says you should throw out anything that does not give you joy!



Let me know if you decide to follow the KonMari method for organizing your clothes.

3 comments:

  1. we will all have tidy drawers now thanks to that woman!!! It's marvelous how much space you have left over when using this method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: great tips. Orderly clothes. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, folding . . thank you - I'll give these tips a go . .

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think